Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Mondays: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm | 6:40 pm - 8:00pm
- Tuesdays: 8:00 am - 9:00 am | 12pm - 1:30 pm | 6:00 pm - 7:30pm
- Thursdays: 8:00 am - 9:00 am | 12pm - 1:30pm | 8:00 pm- 10:00 pm
- Fridays: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (Open Mat: 1 pm - 2pm)
- Saturdays: 11:45 - 1:00pm
No Gi Bjj
- Sundays: 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Mondays: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Wednesdays: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport that teaches a smaller person how to defend himself against a larger adversary by using leverage and proper technique. The Gracie family, the founders of BJJ, modified traditional Japanese Judo and Jujitsu to create the art as it is practiced today. It contains stand-up maneuvers, but it is most famous for its devastating ground-fighting techniques. BJJ focuses on gaining superior positioning and leverage so students can apply the style’s numerous chokes, holds, locks and joint manipulations on an opponent.
- Mondays: 8:00 pm - 10:00pm
- Tuesdays: 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm (kata)
- Thursdays: 6:40 pm - 8:00pm
- Sundays: 11:00 am - 1:00pm
- Wednesdays: 7:00 pm - 8:30pm
Officially founded in 1882 by Dr. Jigoro Kano at the original Kodokan Dojo, Judo is a Japanese martial art whose name, when translated, means "the gentle way". It is a complementary art to BJJ in that while it contains ground grappling techniques, pins, and submissions, Judo is primarily focused on the stand-up/takedown aspects of grappling. Through the use of grip-fighting, dynamic throwing and subtle sweeping techniques, and the mastery of their own balance, students can learn to control the transition from standing to ground-work in a decisive manner which is an oft-overlooked but very crucial aspect of all fighting.
In our Free-Style Judo class, students will learn techniques that may no longer be legal in a modern, standard IJF Judo competition. Freestyle Judo is more similar to older versions of Judo than modern IJF rules. The main differences are that leg grabs are allowed, and competitors accumulate points within a match. Matches cannot be ended by pin; they end only by submission, Ippon, or by a 12 point lead. Further explanation of the rules can be given in class.
- Mondays: 6:00 pm- 6:40 pm
- Thursdays: 6:00 pm - 6:40 pm
- Saturdays: 11:00 pm- 11:40pm
Our Grappling Fundamentals course is an introductory program for students with little or no experience in grappling. Students learn basic ground and stand up skills that will allow them to have success in the regular courses. The skills of safe and efficient falling and ground movement are included. Each month of the 6 month course focuses on a different Judo throw and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu position. Each month also features self-defense techniques derived from the Judo, Aikido and the Gracie Self Defense systems.
- Mondays: 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Thursdays: 5:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Saturdays: 10:30 am - 11:00 am
- Sundays: 10:30 am - 11:00 am
Kettlebells are forged iron, cannonball-shaped weights with an attached handle on the top. The kettlebells are available in weights ranging from 10 pounds to 106 pounds, and exercise routines can involve one or two kettlebells. During a kettlebell workout, you perform fluid, swinging movements while holding the off-centered kettlebells. This continued exertion also brings a cardiovascular component to the routine. Kettlebells are widely considered the most efficient and effective physical training available.
- Mondays: 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Thursdays: 4:40 pm - 5:30 pm
- Saturdays: 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Wednesdays: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturdays: 1:15 pm - 2:15 pm
Our kids' program is divided into two distinct programs: Kids' Bjj and Kids' Judo. Both programs combine aspects of the traditional martial arts, self-defense, and fun! Your child will learn important skills and traits such as team-work, dedication, and a good work ethic in addition to developing their confidence, physical skills, and overall health.